This morning’s meeting with the Team Calvin weatherman went well. Good news all around for the first time all week! It looks like the team with be flying- the launch is scheduled for midnight tonight. Since it has been delayed several days, the weather looks clear and they are predicting that they’ll get in a long flight (3 nights if all goes well). The trajectory puts a flight of that length landing in Tennessee. So that’s what I know. But the flight depends on the weather, so there’s a lot that’s unpredictable.
If you’re interested in where the balloon is during the race, you can get tracking info from the Balloon Fiesta here. We’re following Balloon #2, pilot is Philip Bryant and co-pilot is Phillip MacNutt. I probably won’t have internet access so that may be the best way to know generally where I’m at.
A Tuesday morning landing means I’ll have to hustle back home to prep for the Wednesday interview. But that’s ok. I’ll figure that out. I’m just happy that we’re getting the chance to chase and that Katie will get the footage she needs to finish the project.